Specialist Diploma in Developmental Trauma
Delivered Online Via Zoom
26 Day Programme Commencing In June 2021
Awarded 130 CPD Points by The Irish Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Specialist Diploma in Developmental Trauma
This innovative, comprehensive, reflective and evidence informed Specialist Diploma in Developmental Trauma is appropriate for a wide range of professionals who wish to develop a specialism in Developmental Trauma. The Specialist Diploma will have a focus on neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiological and attachment theory ensuring a clear theoretical framework underpinned by research and the principals of Trauma and Attachment Informed Care.
This programme will have a strong focus on reflective practice and mentalisation, through a framework of knowledge attainment, experiential learning, reflection, introspection, internalisation and externalisation and its application to safe and informed professional practice.
Participants who complete this Specialist Diploma will gain a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of developmental trauma along with skills and tools to effectively mentalise and engage in developmental trauma informed support in a safe and ethical manner.
This programme will be of particular interest to:
Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Play and Art Therapists who wish to enhance their core therapeutic training through undertaking a specialism in Developmental Trauma Informed Care. Therapists who undertake this training will enhance their core training enabling the expansion of their clinical practice through the integration of Developmental Trauma Informed Therapy. In addition, therapists who undertake this training will develop the tools and skills to engage in Developmental Trauma Informed Support Work with parents, carers and professional who care for and support children and adolescents with developmental trauma histories.
Social Workers and Family Support Workers who wish to acquire a specialism in developmental trauma and expertise in supporting and educating parents/carers of children/adolescents with developmental trauma histories to parent and provide care through a Developmental Trauma Informed Lens, based on the principals of empathic attunement, informed understanding, co-regulation, structure, consistency and mentalisation.
This Specialist Diploma would also be highly valuable for Residential Care Professionals who provide care and support to children and adolescents with developmental trauma histories. Residential care professionals who complete this programme will develop the tools and skills to enable them to provide care through a Developmental Trauma Informed Lens, based on the principals of empathic attunement, informed understanding, co-regulation, structure, consistency and mentalisation.
THIS PROGRAMME WILL BE FACILITATED ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Places Strictly Limited to 20 Participants.
- Develop a sound knowledge of Developmental Trauma and the capacity to apply this knowledge to professional practice through introspection, internalisation and externalisation.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of child/adolescent development and developmental trauma through developing a heightened trauma and attachment informed lens.
- Understand the neurobiology of the traumatised brain and resulting behaviours.
- Develop the ability to support parents/carers/staff to understand and re-frame challenging behaviour so they can understand and response to the child’s/ adolescent’s needs through the lens of Developmental Trauma.
- Support parents/carers and residential staff in developing, increasing and maintaining a reflective and emotionally regulated stance through the process of Mentalisation.
- Educate and coach parents/carers/staff in utilising therapeutic parenting/care techniques with children and adolescents with developmental trauma histories.
- Provide parents/carers and staff with therapeutic support in order to avoid feeling disempowered and lessen the impact of blocked care and compassion fatigue.
Programme Structure & Fees
This CPD Diploma is open to practitioners who have successfully completed a Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline
28 Day Programme Commencing Saturday, June 12th 2021
26 full days; 10am – 4pm
2 half days; 10am – 1pm (course orientation & closing session)
This Programme will be facilitated online via Zoom.
Reflective Learning Journals
3000 Word Academic Essay
1500 Word Book Review
Programme Fee & Payment Schedule
Full Fee: €2,850 payable in 4 instalments
€850 Deposit on registration
€1,000 by April 30th 2021
€500 by May 28th 2021
€500 by June 30th 2021